Wedding can be the grandest event in our life. It is closing an old chapter in our life and opening a new one. And all of us want to make such event perfect. There are people who would want a simple wedding, on the other hand, there are those who would want to have it really big. Wedding is also considered to be one of the most expensive events in the life of a person, the reason why before getting married, large amount of money should be saved. When people want to have many guests on their wedding day to witness as they tie the knot then this entails more money to spend. The preparation in a wedding can be a long stressful process. There are so many things to prepare and even the smallest details should be given attention to make everything possible according on how you want them to be. In most cases, six months is an ideal preparation for a wedding. And the following is a step by step process for the whole year that can make wedding the best day in a person's life.
12 months before your wedding day
- Prepare a paper, binder as well as dividing tabs.
- Discuss with your fiancé, his and your own family and even friends then determine the budget.
- Select a date that you life with your friends and families.
- Discuss and decide for a wedding theme.
- Determine your number of guests.
- Book a reception and ceremony locations.
- Book your florist, photographer, videographer, musicians and caterers.
9 months before your wedding day
- Secure an appointment with the one to officiate your wedding. In the case of religious ceremonies, there will be a counseling before the wedding. For civil ones, the one to officiate will have a meeting on order to discuss the wedding.
- Shopping for wedding gown and fittings.
- Shopping for accessories such as wedding veil and shoes.
- Search for your honeymoon spots. If your wedding falls on a peak season, book your place like nine months ahead.
6 months before your wedding day
- Mapping out of the menu with the catering services company. Also, check your wedding photos with your photographer, the locations and footages for the video and the music on your wedding day.
- Book the transportations for your wedding. This is also the time of sending out invitations.
- The dresses of the flower girls, bridesmaids and other part of the entourage should be decided. At the same time, confirm the budget for the honeymoon.
- Wedding ring shopping.
3 months before your wedding day
- Finalize your guest list together with your fiancé.
- Visit and consult a hairstylist for your wedding day.
- Finalize your decisions for wedding rings.
- Book other accommodations for the guests.
Preparing a wedding ahead of time will make things easier to handle. When there is enough time, things can be handled smoothly and it will avoid rush. The remaining months for the wedding preparation can be spent on polishing and finalizing the details in a wedding. This will also be an enough time for the couple to have rest and prepare themselves for the biggest event in their life.